Peas are my 'something green', seeing as I'm always trying to get more veggies on our plate at dinner time. Unfortunately there are only so many peas you can heat up in the microwave and throw on the plate before you get bored so I turned to the good ol' internet to solve the problem. And solve the problem it did (plus added some extra greens in the form of spinach as well). In stepped the Vegeta website, because it was a side I didn't go as snap happy as I usually do so please appreciate the end result! This accompanied a steak and some yummy (if not very well done) potatoes.
- Enough peas and spinach for however many people you need to feed (keep in mind the spinach will wilt)
- 1tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind
- 2 tsp fresh mint
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 50ml water (the recipe also suggested adding 30ml sherry too but I don't have that in the house!)
- Cook peas (follow instructions on back of packet) - unless you're really gourmet in which case why are you reading this blog!
- Melt the butter in a large pan (over medium heat) and throw in all the other ingredients (except the water) - stir them all together.
- Add the water and simmer for 10mins . Just before the end add the peas and stir.